Friday, November 2, 2012

Night Three Of Porcupine Adventure


We lost Jon! He was summoned back to the Valley where porcupines do not reside. But Nicholia and hubby Drew came along for the adventure. The night started with no issues. We replaced 2 boys for one of Gage's buddies. We had three adults and three kids. Our first spotting was a good 200-300 yards away. I thought it was to far for the kids to run in the dark. So we head on our merry way. Only to see a shit ton of deer and owls! Holy hell there were so many owls it was freaky! Then we hit a dirt road that never ends. It started to look like something out of the Hills Have Eyes. ICK! Finally we get a hold of one of my brothers who I put on speaker phone he then confirms we are driving into hillbilly backwoods territory. Nicholia and myself are freaked out at this point. So I do the only logical thing I turn around and go back the way we came.

 On our way out Drew spots something with the light woo hoo its a freaking porcupine! No way its two! The boys jump out of the back of the truck, jump the fence and run! Both Drew and I have the spotlights on one of the Pokies. Nicholia then jumps out and yells "hey you guys forgot the garbage can!" So her and Myla start running after the boys! The boys at this point are right next to the porcupine and don't see it. They pass it by a good 20 feet. Drew and myself are directing them where to go. They all got in the vicinity of the porcupine at the same time. (You have to remember we are all rookies at this.) Now that the four of them have the garbage can over our Pokey friend I'm told they are not sure how to get it up and in the can that's when Gage solved that problem. Next thing you know they are back at the truck with Mr. Pokey. We have a very proud group of rookies! The second porcupine escaped and from what we saw it was a big MoFo.

 Now the real adventure starts! We are still celebrating the capture our porcupine when we see a vehicle coming our way in the distance. We load the kids up and the pokey and get on our way. Soon the vehicle behind us catches up and I let it pass but instead of passing it stops and its Shelley's son who is riding with Hunter, Marcus's lil brother. So they get out and check out our prized possession. During our encounter a small red ford ranger looking truck hauls ass by us. I ask who it is and nobody knows. OK time to say good luck and goodbye. We get back on the road, we are following behind Hunter I look in my rear view mirror and see that red truck behind us with its lights off. Then the truck turns on his brights and follows us while fishtailing all over the place. It then turns off his lights again and falls back.

  About five minutes later one of the kids yell "its coming back!" I tell them to crawl through the back window. While Drew is helping them into the rig I see the red truck closing in fast. My heart is pounding out my mouth. This vehicle is all over the place. So I am still following Hunter, he turns off on another road so I follow. The douche bag red Ford vehicle flips a bitch and heads back the way it came! Fyew! That was some scary shit! We are following for a few minutes when Hunters truck comes the a abrupt stop. He jumps out of the drivers seat and hightails it over a fence then runs (we are all in awe, this guy is good!). You see him stop and run back yelling "you liar that was a sunk" ha ha we are so lucky we didn't encounter one those I don't think we would have escaped quick enough. So at this point I am thinking its safe to head back out of the maze of back roads. I turn around and in the distance I see little red rig flying down the road. Its still a ways off so I hightail it out of there. Thank god, we lost it! Time to head to the barn. What a night, and what a kick ass adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment